Saturday, December 14, 2013

Mashed Potatoes

Last night during our worship time, I was distracted and frustrated and sad.

It has been a hard couple of days, as I come off the high of the Nicaragua trip and stare at the reality of sorting and packing up the last fourteen months of my life.

After singing a few songs, Chris prayed a simple prayer. "God, we bring you our worship tonight."

And I thought,

"God.
My worship tonight is so small.
And gross.
And mushy.
I feel like all I'm bringing tonight for worship is a handful of mashed potatoes."

And His quiet voice answered back,

"Mashed potatoes are my favorite."

How loving is my God?

3 comments:

  1. SO loving and tender, that's what! Glad you're experiencing that in the transition time which can be SO hard. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears of appreciation for all this year has meant to you, and tears that God loves you enough to whisper, "Mashed potatoes are my favorite."

    How I love and respect you. And in FIVE days I get to squeeze you to pieces.
    xoxoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete